2010年10月30日 星期六

三民高一下 English 第四課

三民高一下 第四課
Idioms & Phrases

1. at play having an effect

Different ideas and emotions were at play when the song was written.

2. believe it or not

Believe it or not, I have been waiting for the train for three hours.

1. according to

According to the news, a lion has escaped from the zoo!

2. hand out

After the bell rang, Mr. Wang handed out the exam papers to his students.

Hand in

The students have to hand in their exam papers in forty minutes.

Hand over to

My brother handed his car key over to me.

3. take…for granted

Instead of returning his parents’ love, Adam takes it for granted.

4. be everywhere

Computers are everywhere in this city. Most families have one at home.

5. thanks to

Thanks to your advice, I was able to finish my work on time.

沒有留言:

張貼留言