2010年10月30日 星期六

三民 高一下英文 第二課

2月8日2009
三民 高一下 第二課
Idioms & Phrases

1. one’s heart goes out to 同情憐憫 My heart went out to the boy when I saw him begging for food on the street.

2. on the way在途中 I met Jeny on the way to school.

3. it is time for someone to某人做..的時間到了 It’s time for me to go to bed.

4. the same…as…和 一樣 Your feet are the same size as mine.

5. clear one’s throat 清喉嚨 The speaker cleared his throat and began to give his speech.

6. make it through 熬過 I could not have made it through those difficult times without my parents’ help.

7. clean out 把 清空 I cleaned out my drawer and left nothing in itt.

8. save..from.. 讓 免於

The mother called the fire department early enough to save the house from being burnt to the ground.

Save..from: we have to save the animals from extinction.

Protect…from: sam wore a pair of sunglasses to protect his eyes from the sun.

Prevent…from..: Scientists are trying hard to prevent the bir flu from spreading.



9. dawn on 開始逐漸明白

When the bus didn’t turn right on Second Street, it finally dawned on me that I had taken the wrong bus.

10. occur to / strike 突然明白 It occurred to/struck Mary that her parents loved her very much.



1. a friend in need is a friend indeed. 患難見真情

2. A friend to all is a friend to none.濫交者無友

3. Between friends all is common. 朋友之間不分彼此

4. Old friends and old wine are best.陳酒味醇 老友情深

5. The best of friends must part. 天下無不散的筵席

沒有留言:

張貼留言