2010年10月5日 星期二

My New Toy



Since I taught a class of introducing English songs in my hometown, I'd had some problems on how to teach my students singing. In the class, all I could do was to teach them the background information of the songs and word to word pronunciation. Then I would ask my students to follow the demo CD which I bought from music stores singing together again and again. They would express much interested in learning and singing the songs at the beginning. Soon after they were absent the classes gradully. And the classe ended up with few students from 36 people. This situation made me feel frustrated. Therefore, I tried to find out other methods of teaching. Finally,I found the songs I chose to teach were to difficult to learn both on pronuciation and melodies. Besides, we didn't have much interactions among the students and the teacher in the class. As the result, I made my mind to change my teaching methodology accroding to the following points.

1. I bought an electronic piano and started to take the piano lessons in August in order to back up my music background. Actually, I was quite happy because after one month I could play the song 'Unchained Melody' very well. And I also performed it in front of the class. My students loved it very much.

2. I attended dancing class in the first monthes of 2010. Then, I put some dancing activities in my class with the songs I taught together. In this way, we could have some interactions in class.

3. I would use some videos to introduce the background information of the songs and the singers in class instead of using handout by teacher-oriented. And they love the media tools which I showed them in class.

I am so happy. The number of the students in class has improved a lot. And all my efforts are worth. I think I would keep learning the piano and the dance lessons hard in the near future. They are really good tools to dynamic my classes.

沒有留言:

張貼留言